find me

Find me in the place where I want to run
Where my feet are poised
To take off 
Because they refuse to be planted
Planted upon the plan,
The plan my own strength demands
Find me in this place where my soul refuses to be comforted
My feet have slipped
My eyes pour forth tears
To the one who promises to pour them out again with purpose
When the storm has stilled and the waves are calm
When we've crossed to the other side, safely,
Known by your care when we feared you didn't care
Hidden in your power when we didn't realize its breadth in us
Carried by your grace that doesn't rebuke us but the circumstances
That cause us to tremble towards you instead of ourselves
And you question our faithlessness as we question yours
Doubts easily stirred by the storm
Find me in this place--where the storm seems too much
And I can't see the shore

Which way will we turn
As the storm rips the rudder and the sails apart?
Oh Lord, only you know. 
Will these dry bones live here, now
Even in this valley of dry bones?
Oh Lord, only you know. 
What dreams will you now unfold 
By the unraveling of old hopes?
Oh Lord, only you know. 

Find me in this place
Where the sacred meets the scared
And faith, in grace, reaches out to take fear's hands in hers
Where everything is stripped away,
All the facts and strategies
All the things that once defined me,
Until nothing is left but you & me
On this blessed balcony
Where I keep meeting you
And where words are the biggest thing that bind me to you these days

Oh, Lord, let them not be yet another idol
That I grapple and cling for in the storm
For they cannot hold, their fickle frames fleeting as easily as the sails above me 
But you, fast asleep in the stern,
Invite me to rest in you as my one, sure mainstay
The one with the power to calm and to quiet
Not just the storm by a word
But my soul with a song, 
A love song that will find me wherever I run
A divine melody that will keep me
Wherever I go
A sweet tune that will take me
Whenever you want me
And that's what I want,
More than anything

So find me here, now 
in this place
So that you can take me here, now
To the next place
I'm staying with you, my one refuge
Until the storm passes over
Until the furnace is opened
Until the gold is refined
And wisdom is learned
I'm weary, o God. 
I'm so weary. 
But by wisdom & waiting,
You renew my strength in you. 
You restore my joy in you. 
You redeem my life in you. 

Find me here, now,
Father, with these fresh tears and fears alike
And capture me into your hands,
Gather me under your wings,
Hold me in your arms,
Until I'm ready to move again
From this place, 
And from all the old ways,
I trust you to move me again,
Further up and further in,

Here, now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}