5 days.

Today, I found myself sitting in the caf, sipping on coffee, and reading through the end of Ezra.  As I sat and began to pray for many things, as that is what Ezra was doing (confessing for the people's sin, yet humbly including himself in that prayer), I asked for God to make me sober-minded and watchful in my prayer.  And He began to bring many things to mind.  Team one (in South Asia right now) is about to head to bed, and then make their way via train to their areas to do compassion kit parties and such.  And I began to pray for this country as a whole. And then, all of a sudden, it just hit me.  I'm going back.  In 5 days.  This is ridiculous. God is GOOD.  This is my proof for the day, if I need one besides the fact that I am breathing right now.

In the meantime however, I have got about a million assignments before then.  Plus packing (like for Christmas break, I'm already pretty much packed for the trip), and studying for actual finals.  But my heart is thankful this morning.  Last night it was overwhelmed by everything.  But today my heart is lifted and focused upon my God and how He is so good and gracious.  Does everything work out for the good? Yes.  Does good equate to perfect? No, because we live in a fallen world.  But we can trust Him.  Ever since Secret Church this semester, that has been the haunting question of my heart.  Do I trust Him? 

Resolve:  To trust my God, who never changes. He is at work.  All over the world.  And He is going to move mightily this week in South Asia.  I know He already is at work with team one and it's not going to stop.  So will you join the work with me and pray? For safety.  For health.  For us to love boldly.  For stories to be heard and received. For lives to be changed. For God to mold our team and reveal to us truths of Himself.  For the Spirit to lead us every step of the way. Above all else, may His name be glorified and may the nations worship Him in spirit and in truth this week. 

2 Thessalonians 3:1-5
"Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men.  For not all have faith, but the Lord is faithful.  He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.  And we have confidence in the Lord about you, that you are doing and will do the things that we command.  May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}