A Mashed-up Montage of Mayhem. Aka, Life.

So, life has been crazy busy lately. I know everyone says that, but for real life. I'm a bit drained. But better now. I am currently finding peace right here right now. My heart is worshiping (now playing: "Forever Reign" by Hillsong...I'm on a Hillsong kick). My mind is at rest (between two tests already taken this morning, two more in the next 24 hours). His Word is being brought to my mind continually right now. His presence is here beside me, I am resting in His arms.

Let me just blurb for awhile, about many different things.

Philippians 2:17--"Even if I am to be poured out as a drink offering up the sacrificial offering of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all." This phrase keeps coming to my mind. God is using me. I'm being transformed into His image, day after day. The veil has been removed. And I pray my face shines like Moses' did. But that people won't hide. But that God will draw them closer to Himself. Being poured out is not easy. I'm drained, quite literally. But He is increasing. I am fading into the background. His everyday will of good works is being revealed. And it's a beautiful picture.

Ooooooooooklahoma, where the sun comes sweeping down the plain. Ohmygoodness. I am still in shock, still overwhelmed. Praying continually for my teammates and the ministry God has prepared for us.

Dubai. Met with a young woman who just got back from Dubai. She taught me a lot about what to expect and how to pray. It is not going to be at all like my previous expectations. But God is in control, so it's going to be bigger and greater. If our God is for us, then who can ever stop us, what can stand against us? Nothing and no one.

Romans 12:1-2. I'm seeing it. In my heart. In others. Consistency is not the greatest point. But then I think back to Romans 7. Then I think of Romans 8:1. No condemnation. It does not matter what the walk looks like, whether bowlegged or pigeon toed, as long as the steps follow the right path, the narrow path, behind the bleeding footsteps of Christ, towards life, abundant and full, "as the Lord commands." That phrase, found all over the latter half of Exodus during the construction of the Tabernacle, is currently written on my hand. It is my aim, my goal, to do whatever I'm doing "as the Lord commands." For His glory alone. For Him alone.

Now playing, as I wrap this time up: "Aftermath" by Hillsong. It's off their new album, which comes out next week. Somehow I got it early. Long story. You should get it when it really does come out. Here's a snip-it.

"In that moment, with glorious surrender, You were broken, for all the world to see, lifted out of the ashes, I am found in the aftermath. Freedom found in your scars. In Your grace, my life redeemed. For You chose to take the sinner's cross, as You placed Your crown on me. In that moment, with glorious surrender, was the moment, You broke the chains in me, lifted out of the ashes, I am found, in the aftermath. And in that moment, You opened up the heavens, to the broken, the beggar, and the thief, lifted out of the wreckage, I found hope in the aftermath. And I know, You're with me. Yes I know, You're with me here. I know, You're love will light the way."

Comments

  1. This is the end of the song: "All I have, I count it all as loss, but to know you, to carry the cross. Knowing I'm found in the light of the aftermath."

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is Dubai? (as in when/why are you going there)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dubai is my Spring Break mission trip. I'm going with my church to story with the other believers there, to encourage them and equip them to continue serving. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}