A Follow Up...

So, today I drove home. 8 hours on the road. I know that sounds overwhelming, but it flew by! Mostly because I had a lot of Jesus time. I probably looked really strange because I was talking out loud with Him. But I'm ok with that. Cause it was oh so worth it.

Because I just talked a lot of things out with Him. About all the running between Moab and Bethlehem. And He brought me back to stay. He renewed me. He showed me the beginning of my Barley Harvest. He spoke over me His plans. And to rest in them. And to rest in Him.

I also listened to two wonderful podcasts by David Platt about Ruth. One was called "The Romance of Redemption," and was recorded at Southeastern Seminary. The other was called "Story of Love," which is from this past Easter Sunday. I strongly recommend looking them up and listening to them. Strongly.

Then tonight, I had just completed the last major leg of my drive, I got through Chattanooga. And as I turned the corner onto 75-North, toward Knoxville. And guess what came directly in front of me?

The Harvest Moon.

Yep. Right smack in the middle of my view. Crazy, eh? Yep. And I was listening to "Desert Song" by Hillsong (look it up if you don't know it).

The Barley Harvest is indeed here. And I could not be more excited about His plans. Even if I have absolutely no idea what they look like. He directs my steps through the field, and will provide the one with whom I will have favor, just like Ruth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}