So Many Questions.

So, today at church, during the sermon, many questions were posed to me.

Before reading them, check out our text from today: Matthew 6:16-33. I know it is a passage read many, many times. But read it slowly. I'll put the verses beside the questions. Reread them with the questions.

vs. 16-18
...From where do I draw my worth? From people or from God? (see galatians 1:10)
...What do I glory in? Myself or the mystery (see col. 1:27b)
...Am I secure enough in Christ to truly believe that God will reward the secret things that no one else esteems? (vs 18 specifically)

vs. 19-21
...What are my "treasures"? Where are they? To what end do they exist? (Earthly or Eternal)

vs. 22-23
...Am I seeing clearly?
...Are my eyes looking through this life toward eternity?

vs. 24
...Where does my allegiance lie?

vs. 33
...Do I really believe that?

The question in bold is the question from which all the other questions stem. You take a few minutes to think about that...before continuing what I am going to hone in on.

+++++

Reread verse 21.
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

-Your heart follows your treasure.
-If my heart follows my treasure on earth, my heart will be destroyed or stolen.
-If it follows the treasure I lay up in Heaven, my heart will be kept safe.
-Is what I follow eternal?

___________________________

So, the last question is, How does one live eternally in the present day culture of instant gratification? By abiding in close fellowship with Christ (see John 15).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}