Ahh, A Milkshake!

Ok, so the title really means nothing except our wonderfull supervisor making us [real] milkshakes tonight!!!! :) SO GOOD.



Anyway, this week was really, really good. Crazy, though. Our schedule was completely different. Instead of going out, we stayed close and held a DNow type thing for some girls. These girls are nationals, and they are our translators. They are some of the sweetest girls ever, but because of the culture do not get too much attention when it comes to the Word. So we used this week to pour into these girls, as each one of us has been poured into all of our lives.



We talked about being a woman after the Father's own heart. We talked about disciplines of being a disciple: studying the Word, journaling, yarping, and meditation and memorization (aka, "chew and swallow"). We talked about giving up our alabaster box (random fact: this box would have been what an engaged woman would bring to her husband on her wedding day...just something to think about), just like the sinful woman in Luke. We spoke on being the Proverbs 31 woman. And we wrapped up with Esther, a woman chosen "for such a time as this."



Words cannot acurately describe the emotions of this week. But the Father ordained this week before we ever knew we'd be here.



Lift up these beautiful girls...


  • Jyoti

  • Sheffi

  • Nivya

And also remember my back...aka, my thorn. It has really been acting up today. But 2 Thess. promises that the Father will "relieve us in our troubles." I cling to this...cling to it as well!

Comments

  1. I talk to daddy everyday about you! I am glad to hear that you are doing ok. I hope that your back gets better. Homesick yet? When are you coming home? I can't remember... ha ha! All the days run together here! I love you sister! Can't wait to get back to school and hear about your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I just got in today! :) Homesick, yes...Homesick for India! I really think that it is where God wants me...which is SO awesome and yet super scary at the same time! But yeah, I'm back. When do you get back!? We will have to have a lot of Big/GB/Little time talking about out summers, YES?!?!! :) love you so much, thank you for the prayers, and i will continue praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}