L3~John 14

John 14:1
"Let not your hearts be troubled."

The context of this verse is absolutely astounding! Jesus had just told Peter that he would deny Him 3 times before the following morning! Tells me that, we are going to mess up. It's inevitable. However, it's OKAY! The next phrase of this verse says "Believe in God." In the original Greek, it is really saying, "You believe in God." As in, that's enough! Believe in Him, knowing you're going to mess up, but knowing that grace overshadows and overcomes all of your shortcomings! Let your knowledge of who God is affect everything else--including your heart (don't let it be troubled)!

John 14:10
"The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does His works."

He now dwells in us, if we have believed in Him & accepted Him. We are not our own anymore, we are His and He has taken over! Just as God had full control over Christ--speaking God's words & doing God's works--God has full control over us. (See Philippians 2:13)

John 14:12
"Whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; greater works than these will he do because I go to the Father."

Greater works than Jesus!?! Sweet!! "Because I go to the Father"--after the cross. After forgiveness & redemption. Now, intercession (being our "defense lawyer" to the Father), daily. Further, the Holy Spirit comes=POWER (Acts 1:8); HELPER(14:26).

John 14:19
"Because I live, you will also live."

The context is: Jesus, in a few chapters, will be hung on a cross and DIE for our sins. The situation will look hopeless and dark. But that's just Friday. Then Saturday passes. Then SUNDAY! He rises, not only for the sake of defeated Hell & death & sin, to be seated at the right hand of God, but also for our sake--to bring US to the Father!! Wow!

Gotta love God's wonderful Word. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}