Debrief #2: Worship

Worship was a major, major part of the experience at Passion. I mean, experiencing 22,000 other college college students lifting up the Name of God----Ah. Absolutely beautiful. And I'm sure God thought so too.

During worship time, we sang a lot of new songs--wonderful songs based on scripture, written solely for Passion anytime the words would really hit me, I, being the writer I am, would write them down. The CD comes out in March & I cannot wait to hear them all & experience the worship all over again.

So, here are some tidbits of the lyrics I found most...wonderful? Understatement of the year.

First Night:

we are a chosen generation
rise up holy nation
God we live for you
You have called us out of darkness
into light so glorious
God we live for you

Yes Lord! let these words ring true here & now!

Second Morning:

Wake up!

Your enemies rise
Your enemies fall
Your fire consumes them all

While I was still an enemy of God--Christ died for me. Now Lord, let your fire consume me. Flame into fire this wonderful gift you have given to me: a spirit not of fear but of power & love. And let it consume me-my whole life is not my own at all. Your fire consumes me, overwhelms me, with love from You, love for You. And that is my only aim. I love you Lord, and now my life is hidden with Christ in God, and given to me is the ministry of reconciliation.

Second Night:

Lord, we've become so deaf and blind Lord. Awaken us. Awaken us. Awaken us with Your spirit--You alone can make this happen. Show up & show out tonight Lord. I love you. Let that love not stop with words or songs, but continue into action. As Jesus said,
"FATHER, GLORIFY NAME!"

there's no one like you
none like you

our God is greater
our God is stronger
God you are higher than any other
our God is healer
awesome in power
Our God!
Our God!

and if our God is for us
then who can ever stop us?
and if our God is with us
then who can stand against us?

Let our lives reflect this amazing worship we sing tonight.
God, convict us. Give our worship feet.

for you and you alone
awake my soul
awake my soul & sing
for the world to know
your will be done in me

in Your presence
in Your power
Awakening
In our hearts, Lord
In the nations
Awakening

I hear your voice
and this is my awakening

Yes, Lord. Thank you for bringing me to Passion & awakening my soul. Continue this, I beg of you, continue this into not just words and worship but a life lived awake to the glory of God.

you alone can rescue
you alone can save
you alone can lift us from the grave
you came down to find us
led us out of death
to you alone belongs the highest praise

we lift up our eyes
we lift up our eyes
You're the giver of life


Worship, again, was a truly amazing and humbling experience. It was so wonderful to get a glimpse into what worship in Heaven will look like.

Just a side note, I had never seen David Crowder before, and I did not go to the concert. But he led worship one night, and it absolutely blew me away. That was my favorite night of worship, because it was just so heartfelt by everyone, and you could feel the genuine heart of David Crowder beating to bring the Spirit into that room to join us in Praise. I truly felt the joy of worship that night.

my God's not dead
He's surely alive
and He's living on the inside
roaring like a lion

my God's not dead
He's surely alive
and He's living on the inside
roaring like a lion

:)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}