Something that came to mind...

So, very early this morning I was laying in bed awake, chatting with God a bit. And I was just talking to Him, and I said, "My King" to Him. And then my brain automatically tracked to Esther, and how she probably would've called King Xerxes "My King." And I just smiled. Because with Esther, the verse that always comes to mind is this one, found in chapter 4, verses 14-16:

For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?" Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai, "Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish."

I love especially the purple text in it: "And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this." So beautiful! It just lets me know that I have--that we all have--a purpose on our lives.

Many times, I ask myself "What am I here for?" Do you? I know so often it is a question that is recurrent in our minds. Esther was one of God's children, not suppose to fraternize with those outside of her people. But she was taken to the palace in Susa, as an order from the King to find a new Queen. And she was chosen. To be Queen.

In the same way as Esther was, so have we been chosen by our King of Kings, as 1 Peter 2:9 says:

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

But we are living in dark, dark times. But that same verse in 1 Peter answers WHY we have been chosen to live in these times--"for such a time as this"--"that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you (chose you) out of darkness into his marvelous light."

For Esther, she was chosen to save her people from genocide. For us, we are chosen to, as Jude says in verse 23, "snatch others out of the fire." To shine light into this dark world, and help others come to know the true light, Jesus Christ.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}