My Prayer for Passion

This weekend, I am going to a college conference called Passion. It is a conference all for the glory of God and for the purpose of inviting students to exchange their small-time story and join in with God as He writes His story.

I have never been more excited in my life for a conference. Their are amazing people there, to lead us in worship & in teaching. The few examples are: Louie Giglio, Chris Tomlin, Francis Chan, John Piper, Fee, Christy Nockles, Hillsong United, and more! I am SO excited, and I can feel God preparing my heart by simply drawing me to Him, opening my heart up to hear His word. He is preparing me for something HUGE. I can feel it. I pray He speaks to me in a way I could have never asked for or imagined!

But more than that, this is not just about me. It is about the other hundreds and thousands of students joining me. I pray that we ALL unite as one in the Body of Christ, just as these verses (vv 4-6) from Ephesians chapter 4 reminds us:

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to one hope when you were called—one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Until then, I pray the song that is currently playing in the background over our weekend, over every single person that is attending the conference or who will watch it online. I pray that we truly would be the beginning of a Revolution--that is my cry for this weekend. That we would cry out to our God for a Revolution, and seek His will in how we can be apart of His movement to make His glory Renown.

Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your truth, we eagerly wait for you, for YOUR name and renown are the desire of our souls. (Isaiah 29:8, paraphrase).

Here are the lyrics:


When passion takes on a purpose
And
searching ones embrace the light
When skeptics find themselves down on their knees
You'll know it's here

When you hear a sound as loud as
thunder
And you hear a cry that shakes the ground beneath you
When you hear a shout that shatters
the darkness
You'll know it's here

When the lost find a name we're believing in
And the fallen get back onto their feet
And the broken start to
dream again
And the sound of hope fills these streets
You'll know it's here

Revolution
Can you feel it
Revolution cry
Revolution
Can you hear it
Revolution cry
And I believe it
And I believe it

How long do we have to wait
And how long will we stay silent
When will this weeping generation
dance again
Oh God when will
The truth be restored

When the lost find a name we're believing in
And the fallen get back onto their feet
And the broken start to
dream again
And the sound of hope fills these streets
You'll know it's here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}