Faithful

[Faithful: loyal, constant, and steadfast]

Last night, as I was praying, I told God I was sorry for not being more faithful. And He brought to my mind Matthew 17:20:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."

This comforted me so much. And immediately, the verse about what faith is in Hebrews 11:1:

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

Well, as I was rolling these thoughts around, I said, "God, the only reason I can have any faith is because of your faithfulness to me and faith in me." I said to Him the verse in 2 Timothy (verse 13) that has continually come to my mind (thanks to my lovely BSU Focus group leader) this past semester:

If we are faithless, He remains faithful--for He cannot deny Himself.

And then I thought how much faith God has in us. I mean, there is no "plan B" in God's plan of salvation. He made us. He rescued us, so that we could give His name glory, we could love Him & love others and show His salvation at work in us--for the ultimate purpose of the whole world coming to know Him.

Matthew 28:19-20
Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.

Acts 1:8
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to end of the earth.

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

**Going back to the verse from Hebrews, and how much "faith" God puts in us... If we apply that definition found in Hebrews to this fact: it says how God is assured in His plan to use US. He is convicted that even though the situation on this earth looks dire, and we cannot see past the overwhelming darkness, He see each and every one of us as a light on this earth, and that we are going to, through His power alone, finish the task.

Acts 20:24
But I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.


So, this is a call. A call to be faithful. Because He is so faithful to us, and He has put faith in us to carry out His plan--and His faith is so deep that there is no "plan B." Do we have a plan B on God? Or our we committed to being faithful to Him & to His call on our lives. He has called us to "make disciples", "be His witnesses", to shine His light, to finish the task. So let's be faithful. It is not going to be easy. But know that He is always by your side; He is your strength and song and portion forever. He is all you need. He is the power within you--the Word not to be ashamed of, because He is the power to save!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}