Peace.

Peace. That is what I'm feeling. Yeah, finals start this week. And I'm totally not prepared. I've been procrastinating like none other. But the worries are just gone. Gone. Poof. God is good. Check out this verse.

You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on you, because he commits himself to you, leans on you, and hopes confidently in you. Isaiah 26:3 (AMP)

Pretty amazing verse, if you ask me. And it's context is, if you go back and read the title of chapter 25 is "When God swallows up death forever..." Hmmm, that sounds familiar, yeah? Remember my last post? Jesus came proclaiming that the Kingdom is at hand! He has overcome death forever, for us! Awesome, if you ask me. So, why doesn't this affect my everyday life?

That was the same question I asked myself yesterday during my quiet time. We've been reading in Revelation. And yesterday the Throne was described. And that whenever the living creatures around the throne begin to worship, the 24 elders fall on their face and cast off their crowns and worship, saying, "Worthy are YOU our Lord and God, to receive honor and glory and praise..."

My response is that as well. Christmas. Think about the wise men. Bowing down to the King of all Kings. To their King. Think about the shepherds, leaving their sheep behind. What do you need to leave behind?

Well, my heart is forever touched. He reigns in my heart. His peace is so evident in my life. I pray that it does not become complacency. I still must seek Him daily, especially during finals! Because it will be very easy to choose to study.

Just read this verse again. Is your mind stayed on Him? Have you committed yourself to Him? Do you lean on Him? Do you hope in Him?

You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on you, because he commits himself to you, leans on you, and hopes confidently in you. Isaiah 26:3 (AMP)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}