Nothing Compares...

Right now, I am listening to a song called "Prodigal" by Gungor. Go look it up. Really, go. And I have just been sitting here for a few minutes wondering what to blog about tonight. It's been like 2 weeks. I've been really busy. Too busy, if you ask my mom, haha. But my heart is so full right now. God is amazing. Like, really, have you sat down and let that sink into your heart? Look at the lyrics to this song ... and look it up.

I’ve tasted Your glory and I left it there.
Your poured out Your Spirit and I didn’t care.
Still you loved me

I’ve lived for myself with nobody to blame.
I took what You gave me and squandered Your grace.
Still You loved me.
Nothing compares to what You’ve done for me
Nothing compares to what You’ve done for me.

I could live for the broken and share in their pain.
I could die like a martyr or live like a saint just to love You.
I could sing like the angels and gather Your praise:
Be blessed beyond measure and give it away just to love You.
Still nothing compares to what You’ve done for me.
Nothing compares to what You’ve done for me.

My heart has been broken; I’ve laid out my shame.
Because of Your mercy,
All I can say is I love You.
So I’ll tell of Your story
I’ll carry Your name
I’ll live for Your glory Lord,
I’ll share in Your pain just to love You.
Nothing compares to what You’ve done for me.
Nothing compares to what You’ve done for me.
Nothing compares to what You’ve done for me.

Nothing can separate us
Nothing can separate us
Not death or life
Or depth or height
Or unseen power
Now or ever!

Nothing compares. Here's a little run down of the busyness that I have been involved in.

Fall break. Except it wasn't really a break for me. I attended the South Asia Summit, which was this really awesome event about South Asia. Got to see a wonderful friend & make some new ones. Began reading Radical by David Platt. Heard him speak. Listened to a wonderful Louie Giglio podcast from last Easter. Might have decided to go to Passion 2011 in Ft. Worth over Easter weekend. Got to story for the wonderful ST pledges that I wished I knew better. Visited the Baptist Building in Jackson...was burdened. Get to interview summer missionaries from past years in chapel tomorrow. Oh, and I have the BEST little ever. She gets to find out who I am on Sunday.

And amidst all of that...God. His power and presence has been so incredibly evident to me these past weeks. I think it really started before fall break, when in the L3 we read psalm 119. My last blog post was based on Psalm 119:5..."Oh that my ways may be steadfast in keeping your statutes." Ever since then, He has answered. Without me even thinking about it, He has answered.

The song on my itunes has changed to "Like Incense/Sometimes by Step" by Hillsong (again, look it up). Oh God, you are my God, and I will ever praise you. I will seek you in the morning, and I will learn to walk in your ways. And step by step, you'll lead me, and I will follow you all of my days.

I am so in awe of His grace. Crying a little bit even. Nothing compares to how much God longs to be apart of our lives. Nothing. Why do I even look away from His face for a split second? He never looks away from mine. He never lets go of my hand.

Last song of this post: "Perfect Love," also by Hillsong.

This perfect love, I can't explain
This way of life that has no end
Your mercy satisfies, it's all I need
My purpose found in You alone
To love the lost and bring them home
We were made to glorify our King

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}