The King is Wild for YOU!

Psalm 45:10-11, The Message
"Now listen, daughter, don't miss a word:
forget your country, put your home behind you.
Be here—the king is wild for you.
Since he's your lord, adore him."

I love this verse. And it was brought to my mind today after I got my hair cut. I got several inches cut off, and went short. Very short. I love it. It is light and fun and has an easy up-keep, which is very good considering all my 8 o'clock classes this year!

But I have begun to understand how it is not my hair, it is not my clothes, it is nothing "worldly" or "earthly" that makes me beautiful. Not that I'm not allowed to wear makeup, get a cute hairstyle, or whatever. But I must never forget where true beauty lies. And this verse really opens up my eyes to that.

Listen to the words...

"Now listen, o daughter, don't miss a word..."
These words are some of the most important words that we as girls will ever hear. We cannot deny it--we desire someone to tell us they love us, we crave love, we crave to be told we are beautiful, and this desire was placed in us by God. But so so often we look for it in the wrong places, and we are left feeling empty because the compliments given from the world so often have conditions: "You are beautiful if...you wear this, you do that, you look like her." You know how it goes. But these words are different than what the world says. These words have no conditions and no limits. So, listen...

"forget your country, put your home behind you..."
These next words are very important. And I pair them with Romans 12:2..."Do not be conformed to the world, but be transformed." And 1 John 2:15, "Do not love the world..." This world, our hometown, wherever we are is our temporary home and we are to be looking forward in faith and in hope toward the true, eternal home that awaits us...John 14:2, "In my Father's house are many rooms, if it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?"

"But here--The King is wild for you..."
Do you realize who is speaking? Yes, this is a Royal Wedding Psalm. This is celebrating the King and His Bride. But Hebrews 1:8-9 quotes this verse, where God speaks of His Son, Jesus. Your King, who is WILD for you, another version says "enthralled by Your beauty." JESUS is wild for you. He desires to romance you. Sweep you off your feet. Rejoice in your beauty. Tell you that you are beautiful. With no conditions. I was reading a book a few weeks ago that said, "God, you see me in the shower........and still call me beautiful?!" Yes! He does. That's his love for you! His bride, the love of His life. Chillbumps? Yes. He loves you. Just let that soak in. Maybe you've been hurt by the "love" this world offers...I know I have. But realize: The King of the universe, who set this world into motion, who made your heart begin to beat, is wild for YOU!

"Since he's your Lord, adore Him."
Another version says, "honor Him." What do the vows say? To love, comfort, and honor? Isaiah 54:5 says, "The Lord your maker is your husband." See, His love for you runs deeper and wider and longer. It's a marriage. It's a covenant. And this love isn't going to be broken. And death will not do you part. Death will only make the commitment stronger. You will be united with Him in death. "To live is Christ, to die is gain," said Paul. To live is to honor your Lord. Living is not for you, living is for Him, for His glory and honor. Adore Him--for He adores you! "We love because He first loved us," said John. And adoring Him means doing what He wants you to do. Another version says, "be submissive" to Him. So, what does He want you to do? Who does He want you to love? Ask Him, and do what He tells you. It's how you adore Him. By obeying Him. And through that obedience, you will fall deeper in love with Him, and His love will be revealed to you in deeper and truer ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}