Home?

Home...wherever the will of the Lord places me.

I'm slowly but surely learning that statement. Yesterday (actually, today...) I boarded a plane and left my beloved India. I truly did fall in love with it. I truly do think God is drawing me back there someday, probably for life.

But I also realize that coming back is just as important. On our last day of debriefing, we sang "Overcome"...the 2nd verse says, "...You're sending us out, a light in this broken land"--and as soon as we sang that, it clicked. I am GOING back home. I am still on mission, every single day, no matter where I am (and so are YOU, whoever & wherever YOU are)! And as I sat in the Chicago airport, I realized that I could still feel the darkness around me. The darkness of lostness. You see, in South Asia, it is felt the most strongly (in my opinion), because it is so evidently seen, with visible, stone idols everywhere you turn. In America, the idols are hidden, deep within hearts, and masks cover up their traces. But they are still here. Darkness reigns here just as much as it does there. And we are called to be the lights.

So, I'm choosing to shine. No matter where I am, I can still do that. But I have to choose to admit that there is so much darkness around, and then step into the very heart of it, because light cannot be overcome by the darkness.

I will write more (lots more, I hope), once the jet lag dies down. Thank you all for lifting me up this summer--continuing lifting me up as I seek how it is God wants me to shine here at home, and as I head back to MC in a month.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}