Happy.

Deuteronomy 33:29
"Happy are you, O Israel! Who is like you,a people saved by the LORD, the shield of your help,and the sword of your triumph!"

I found that verse last night because I was searching the word "happy" because I felt truly happy last night. Here's a few reasons why...

I got to talk with one of my good friends on skype for literally 2 and 1/2 hours yesterday. We talked about nothing & everything. She sang wonderful songs to me. I shared a bit of Indian culture with her (sarees & salwars!)

I got to "see" my grandbig sis (like in a sorority, but it's called a social tribe...), who is currently serving our Father in the philippines right now, on skype and talk for awhile. She encouraged me so much. I was talking with her about how I miss the routine of India--of getting up & going out and meeting people and sharing with them--and she said THE perfect thing: "Well, be encouraged, you're being filled now to be emptied again all over our campus!" She said she has been praying for our campus all summer, which so have I, because our campus is dead. So, I need to use this time wisely--to continue to allow God to fill me!--so I can be emptied again for Him at MC.

And I also heard about one of my villages...I don't know if I mentioned this one. Let's call it, "Bertoli," if you prefer, my teammate to this village calls it "chicken parmesan"! :) Well, I went there with 2 translators first and met a beautiful auntie named Meentar. She is apart of our people group, who were formerly untouched by the good news. She came to know our Lord & Savior during our visits, and really "got it". Anyway, some of our translators went back yesterday and they talked with her and said she was even more receptive & wanted them to keep coming--on Sundays. I know God has big plans. And He will bring them to pass in His own time! A prayer request for her...the posters of her former gods are still upon her walls. Pray for them to fall down, for they have no power! Only the One True God!

So, as you can see...I was very happy yesterday. And it has carried over. And it will continue to carry over as my "filling up" time continues! :)

Comments

  1. The girls called me this week after their visit to Bertoli. They were so excited. I can't wait to see all the Father does there. I'm so proud of you and all He has and is doing in and through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! He is amazing and wonderful and I am so excited to continue to hear what He does! Keep me updated about everything happening in M-Town. I miss it and all the wonderful people there! :) His word does not return void!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}