Namaste!

Ok, jumping on in! Yesterday was an amazing day! We went out into the city to yarp-erwalk and to try and talk with people. We were hoping to share stories with them from our lives and from the Word. So, we took the metro across town. Fun! First experience with that. We went to this part of town called Old Delhi. I is, as the name suggests, the oldest part of of Delhi, and has a vast array of temples--Hindu, Buhddist, Sikh (pronounced seek), and Islamic. So our plan was to go to many of them, and try to speak with people about their religion, and learn about what they believe, and try to also share what we believe. Buy when we got off te metro, we decided to eat lunch first. So we walked into a resturant. I order Masala Dosa, which is a large pancake with seasoned mashed potatoes in it, and it comes with a sauce that you eat it with. Well, we walked upstairs to eat. I tried to have an auntie (older lady) teach me how to eat it, but that didn't really work. But I just ate it with my spoon. It was super yummy and pretty spicy. But apparently I was not eating it right because after some timed, we noticed a mother and daughter sitting near us. So we started to get up and go sit with then and chat. But as I went over there, the mother said "Bring your dosa! Bring your dosa!" She said that I was eating it wrong, because she is from South Indian and it is a South Indian! So she was trying to tell me how to eat it, but she decided to do it for me. She told me to always, always, always it it with my hands, even in a five star [resturant]. Well, it did not take long at all to gear the topic of conversation to religion. She was very knowledgable about all religions, and she pretty much grouped them all together, saying they all wanted the same thing, we just all have different opinions on what savior they believe. So that was a bit discouraging, but we all got to share what we believe and what not. We were bold! And scattered seed. Daddy is the one who grows!

Tonight we had a service to send us all out to the different places we are going. It was really beautiful. I'm sad to leave Delhi, but it is good to know that we are finally going to be in our city.

Be lifting up wisdom for me. I need to make a big decision on something in the next few days. Thank you! Love you all!

Comments

  1. Yeah! i know you are having an amazing time and learning lots of new things. i was talking Daddy the other day and he said you needed peace so we discussed that for a while. sorry about your email, but thank you for blogging. love ya! ~katherine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}