Some L3 Journal Thoughts.

"The counsel of the LORD stands forever,
the plans of His heart to all generations."
~Psalm 33:11

I once heard that the secret of prayer was to: A) Make my wants God's wants and B) Ask for anything I want. And that is so true. The verse directly before this verse reminds us that man's plans do fail because they are not based on God's heart as their foundation. So through this verse, I have learned that my counsel needs to solely be Christ & His word. And my heart needs to be His heart. Because those things last, past my time that I have on this earth--not for my story or name to be passed down from generation to generation, but so that HIS story & HIS Glory and fame continue through all the generations, forever and ever. He deserves all the glory.

So, how can we, as measly humans give this to Him, that is, HIS story & glory & fame. Simple.

By letting Him write our story. Proverbs 16:9 reminds us that we can plan all that we want, but God is the one who "orders our steps." He has already wrote this elaborate love story for us (that is, He is the Beloved, the Hero, the Prince Charming)...that plans out, in more detail than we could ever think about, every single moment of our lives. The expressions on our face (that He crafted), the goosebumps on our skin, the twinkle in our eyes, the fast pace of our heart--He knows all those tiny details that we so often forget. But the one thing He lacks in this story is your signature. He wants you to sign it--over to Him. To acknowledge that you DESIRE for Him to continue "ordering your steps." He wants you to completely identify yourself with Him. To be crucified with Him (Galatians 2:20). To become one with Him. To let the story He has written, where HE is the main character (not you), become YOUR story.

So, the pen is in your hand. Will you sign yourself over to Him, and give Him back the pen?

I have completely identified myself with Him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion... Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not "mine," but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.
~Galatians 2:20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What do you want from me?

Lent is: leaning in.

Return {velvet ashes link up}